4/05/2010

[free style] Community requires commitment

It is the lesson 19 from the book "the Purpose-driven life".

I like its ending reminder (cf.151)

The NINE characteristics of biblical FELLOWSHIP:
we will share our true feelings (authenticity), encourage each other (mutuality), support each other (sympathy), forgive each other (mercy), speak the true in love (honesty), admit our weakness (humility), respect our differences (courtesy), not gossip (confidentiality), and make group a priority (frequency).


Other sentences I like are: "Instead of thinking about how far they still have to go, think about how far they have come in spite of their hurts."(cf.149) and "If you want to cultivate real fellowship, it will mean meeting together even when you don't feel like it, because you believe it is important." (cf.150-151)

The author says that the reason we could cultivate genuine fellowship( more than friendship) is because we are family in GOD's kingdom.

Recently, I have realized that I can't keep loving somebody which depends on human's feeling or will. If GOD is not the fountain of love which is rooted in my life,I would have no idea to love a person who is so different from me or not to be hurt when I couldn't receive the expected responses.

God is truly awesome GOD. Because when I leave him, I can't do nothing but being regret or getting angry. When GOD's love and MERCY is around me, godly peace will come after me and give me strength to go on.

However, understanding GOD's love and its power is not enough.I need to change the way of thinking and the means of doing.

To Remember that the best gift to represent my love for my dear friends and family is to spend time accompanying with him/her/them regularly.

RITA

沒有留言: